The goal of the Mold Setter is to provide expert support in the area of injection molding to the manufacturing operation. It is both a “hands-on” and supportive role where consistent, quality parts are produced at effective rates. As such, the Mold Setter must operate with urgency and dedication to do “whatever it takes” to meet the customer’s requirements, in a safe working environment, and a positive team atmosphere.
The role is required to maintain the control of processes in injection molding. This person also provides support to the execution of the production schedule including anything from component changes, setups and startups. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all mold changes done per the production schedule
- Responsible for the proper set-up of all molds and related functions such as watering of the mold, knockout, hot runner etc. for injection molding machines
- Repair any fluid or air leaks relating to the mold
- Responsible for the pulling and resetting of all mold halves, specifically for the purpose of mold repair
- Monitors and prepares auxiliary equipment as needed in the production area
- Maintains the orderly appearance of the mold storage area, including all end of arm tooling
- Responsible for the orderly appearance of all mold-setting supplies including the removal of all supplies from the molding machines and immediate area
- Adheres to all mold change policies
- Coordinates and monitors the execution of the production schedule
- Completes all necessary mold in/out paperwork.
- Assists the Process Technician when needed; Verifies paperwork for jobs and completion of inspections at start up of jobs and in process inspections
- Comply with all internal and OSHA required safety procedures
- Trains back-ups
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but will consider experience in lieu of education
- Some technical training in related field preferred
- Experience in a general manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Have exposure to maintenance problems
- Be familiar with controls on machines, robots and overhead cranes
Anderson Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disabilities.